Purpose and Policy
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God and, as such, one’s biological sex is not to be rejected. (Gen 1:26-27.) We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one biological man and one biological woman in a single, exclusive, lifelong union, as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:I8-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4). The purpose of weddings at Terrace Shores is to establish stable Christian homes where Christ is honored as the head of the home. In order to help prepare couples toward that goal, the following policies have been created:
1. Weddings will only be conducted for two Christians who have demonstrated the maturity & compatibility to have a stable, God-honoring relationship.
2. Usually weddings will only be conducted at least 6 months after the first meeting between the pastor & couple, unless wisdom would warrant an exception.
3. To ensure solid preparation for marriage, a minimum of 8-10 hours of premarital counseling sessions (plus assigned homework) are required with the pastor before the wedding. The date may not be set before the pastor feels this will be a successful marriage.
4. The pastor will not conduct a wedding between a Christian and non-Christian
5. A wedding will not be conducted for a couple that is living together or sexually active unless they agree to separate and keep sexually pure until the wedding. Why? This is for several reasons, including to demonstrate genuine Christian life as #1 above & for making a stable Christian home
6. You may have a pastor outside of our church officiate the ceremony with approval from Pastor Gary.
7. More specifics on the policy may be found in the wedding packet you may obtain from our church office.
To get started:
1. Contact the church administrative assistant, who will give you a wedding packet & then contact the wedding planning team. The church’s availability is based on those who reserve the facility first. Your assigned wedding coordinator will then check to make sure the church and pastor are available, and then get back to you regarding approval.
2. Fill out an application for building & property use. The reservation will be confirmed with the church office upon the submission of this form & payment of the damage/clean up deposit of $200.
3. Meet with Pastor Gary or Pastor Casey to set up premarital counseling sessions.
4. Your wedding coordinator will be in contact with you regarding church property use and planning of the wedding rehearsal & ceremony.
5. The sum total of the suggested fees are due one week before the wedding. The fees differ for those who have Terrace/River Shores as their home church and those who do not:
Church use, $50
Custodial work, $25
Sound technician, $50 Total = $125
Church use, $200
Custodial work, $25
Sound tech, $50 Total = $275
Reception Fee for use of Terrace Shores fellowship hall or Turning Point or River Shores hall, $200
Weddings at Terrace Shores
On the shores of beautiful Green Lake, the secluded nature of our church facility offers a unique rustic elegance for wedding ceremonies.
Things to note:
* The church sanctuary seats about 180 people, with an overflow that offers seating for a total of 230 people. The lakefront behind the church may also be used for an outside ceremony, with approximately the same number for seating. Chairs for outside seating are not provided by the church, and must be rented.
* Birdseed and bubbles are allowed outside the church facility. Rice is not allowed, and any other items must be approved by your wedding coordinator.
* Church equipment available for weddings includes: guestbook podium, tables for the unity candle or flower arrangements, and two white candelabras.
Weddings at River Shores
* The church sanctuary seats about 330 people comfortably, though roughly another 20 chairs could be squeezed in.
* Birdseed and bubbles are allowed outside the church facility. Rice is not allowed, and any other items must be approved by your wedding
* Church equipment available for weddings includes a guestbook podium and tables for the unity candle or flower arrangements.
For more information
Please contact the church office at 920-398-2734.