“True worshipers… worship the Father in spirit and truth… —they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks” -Jesus (Jn. 4:23).
God is looking for true worshipers—those who will recognize Him for who He actually is and worship Him with a passionate and sincere heart. True worship is a lifestyle. Romans 12:1-2 says, “I urge you,… in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.” Some may be surprised to learn that God is much more concerned about how we live than how many religious
rituals we do. He isn’t the least bit pleased if we just “go through the motions”— He desires our hearts.
May Matthew 15:8-9 not describe us: “These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain.” Our creative arts must flow sincerely out of our individual relationship with the Lord and a true love for Him. In view of His awesome mercy, how can we offer Him anything less?
Our Seven Passions
• To be true worshipers ourselves (Jn.4:23, Rom. 12:1-2)
• To help others truly worship God (Ps. 95)
• To saturate our artistic communication with God’s Word (Col. 3:16)
• To be artistically excellent, creative, and diverse (Ps. 33:3, 96:1)
• To be sensitive to each others’ artistic preferences (Phil. 2:1-5)
• To be sensitive to the artistic preferences of those we’re trying to reach out to (1. Cor. 9:20-23)
• To be unified among ourselves and with the rest of the church (Eph. 4:3, Rom. 15:5)
Regular Volunteer Needs:
*Tech team (Running the sound board or computer on Sunday mornings, creating powerpoint presentations, etc)
*Worship music team
To help, please contact the church office.